Cancellations & Refunds
Any cancellation due to exceptional circumstances of pandemic restrictions will be agreed on a individual basis.
Cancellation and course curtailing charges
- If you cancel or curtail the course more than 30 days before arrival date, we will retain or charge you a £250 cancellation fee (see ‘Refund policy’ below for charges relating to visa refusal).
- If you cancel or curtail the course less than 30 days before your arrival date or if you fail to arrive, we will charge you 100% of the total invoice price.
- In the event of course cancellation after the start of the course, there will be no refund given.
- Travel Insurance: it is a mandatory requirement, and it is the full responsibility of any agent or school that books a course with ELA, to ensure that all students have suitable travel insurance for their period of their stay, and this must include cover for flight cancellations and flight delays. ELA cannot be held responsible for all and any financial damages and losses that an agent, school booking with ELA may incur in the event that suitable travel insurance has not been purchased. Force Majeure is excluded from all the terms under the refunds and cancellations policy. All and every refund and cancellation under the force majeur circumstances must be covered by the student / school / agent through taking out suitable insurance cover. ELA classes the examples of force majeure as following: war, riots, earthquakes, hurricanes, lightning, and explosions, energy blackouts, epidemic and pandemic, unexpected legislation, lockouts, slowdowns, and strikes.
- In the event that a student leaves ELA before completing the full duration of a purchased course of study, ELA will not refund any amount.
- In the case of a student requires a UK entry visa to study at ELA, if the student is unsuccessful in obtaining a visa, we will provide a refund when we receive written evidence of a visa refusal but it must be at least 15 days before the start of the course. Under any circumstances, a copy of the visa refusal letter and written confirmation of course cancellation by the student/representative must be supplied at least 15 days before the course start date. Please note that we will deduct the following charges: a £250 administration charge, courier fees (if applicable), bank transfer charges, any other charges relating to the issuing of a refund. Note also, students that have booked Homestay accommodation via ELA, and who give fewer than 15 days notice, will be required to pay 1 week’s accommodation, and this in addition to the other refund charges stated above. For any other accommodation types such as hotels and student residence there will be no refunds given.
- No refund will be given if fraudulent documents are found to have been submitted with the visa application or if the relevant UK Home Office/UKVI Immigration Rules and the School immigration guidelines have not been followed.
- In the event of exceptional circumstances students can, at the discretion of the school, defer a course start to an agreed future commencement date. Note that if the school no longer offers the course that the student originally enrolled on, we will offer an equivalent course instead and will not issue a refund.
- Reduced rates are given for longer courses. If these courses are curtailed for any reason they will be re-invoiced at the higher rate.
- The transfer of fees from one student to another is not permitted.
- Our refund policy also applies to cases of repeated absenteeism, additionally, the ELA Certificate of Completion will not be awarded to students that show poor attendance.
- No refund is given for any accommodation changes after the commencement of the course. If student decides to change the accommodation, it will be at the student’s expense to book a new accommodation. A two-week notice is required.