English for IT
When the internet first appeared, the world began to change.
Today we live in a digital society and the internet has changed everything. We work online, socialise online, and relax online.
Our entire lives have become digital and the primary language of the internet is undoubtedly English.
What is English for IT course?
The difficulty with technology is that it is constantly changing to suit the world around it. A ‘Cellular’ phone is now no longer relevant, and an ‘Optical Drive’ is something that is slowly disappearing. As technology changes, so does the language that is required to describe it.
Our English for IT course was designed for young people who have chosen IT as their future profession, but it will actually benefit everyone as the development of technology doesn’t stop.
The course aims to provide you with the necessary tools for surviving in an Office environment. We will provide you with:
- terminology related to the digital world
- exercises designed to help develop your skills at handling online situations
- exercises designed to give you a familiarity of the main Microsoft Office programs
- a series of scenarios to test your understanding of digital language
- an opportunity to put the language and techniques studied into practical applications
Maximum class size: 15