Cambridge English Exam Preparation
At ELA our general English syllabus is based on ‘Cambridge English’. Most of the content you would need for PET, FCE, CAE and CPE would be covered in four to eight weeks of the 25 hour a week Intensive English course. Our exam preparation course is aimed at giving you extra lessons based purely on Exam strategy and practice.
You would typically study three hours a day general English and then two hours a day exam preparation. The prices below are for a total of twenty-five hours per week full time and ten hours per week part time (pure exam prep classes).
Whether it is Preliminary, First, Advanced, Proficiency or Business Certificates, preparing for a Cambridge English exam does not need to be an arduous task. At ELA-Edinburgh we will provide you with the training and support required to achieve your desired score.
At ELA-Edinburgh you will receive:
- A Structured Course: all of our Cambridge Exam courses are structured to give you opportunities to practise each of the question types you will meet in the exam and you the techniques you will need to succeed. Our syllabus is based on the most up-to-date preparation material and is fully supplemented with official Cambridge practise test papers. Our courses vary in length, depending on the length of your stay with us.
- Continuous Assessment: regular testing is vital in exam preparation and every fortnight you will be tested using official Cambridge Exam Past Papers to measure your progress. We have qualified speaking examiners and supervisors on staff who can add to the exam experience.
- Fortnightly Tutorials: continuous assessment is not only vital, but a chance for your tutor to review your progress. Every two weeks you will receive a 1 to 1 tutorial with your tutor where you can discuss your development.
- Reading and Listening Preparation: improve your receptive reading and listening skills through completing exam tasks and other development tasks. Your tutors will highlight the sub-skills involved in each task and show you the tactics that can save you valuable points.
- Development of productive skills: your speaking development will not be restricted to completing exam tasks, you will also partake in activities to develop your fluency. Our highly trained staff will provide you with in-depth feedback on your writing assignments which will include all question types possible.
The exam preparation courses available:
- FCE – First Certificate
- CAE – Advanced
- CPE – Proficiency
- BEC – Business English Certificates – Preliminary, Vantage and Higher
Cambridge Exam Prep
£180.00 – £3,020.00
Cambridge Exam Preparation – At ELA-Edinburgh we will provide you with the training and support required to achieve your desired score.
Delivery Type: Group class
*Registration Fee of £80 will be added to the total (it includes Pre Course Placement Level Test, Needs Analysis, all course materials, end of course Certificate).