General English Courses
At ELA we place great emphasis on the students’ feelings, as they are learning and they are learning fast. Therefore, our general English courses follow a systematic structure with every student taking a customised placement exam, continual assessment through speaking and writing tasks as well as formal weekly tests and monthly tutorials.
Our courses teach a new language in imaginative student centred lessons, focused on greater fluency and accuracy in English grammar and vocabulary. In our enjoyable multi-national school, students quickly develop practical communication skills which they can further practise in the wider English speaking environment.
Every classroom is outfitted with computers, and teachers achieve lesson aims through a wide range of resources and activities. These include field trips to Edinburgh’s many historical and cultural sites. We are an authorised Cambridge Assessment centre and students can progress to take external qualifications such as the Cambridge English suite or IELTS exams.
All courses are taught by highly qualified teachers and:
- have beginner*, elementary*, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper-intermediate & advanced levels (*when numbers allow)
- are course book based
- from B1 level contain relevant content & guidance for preparation for Cambridge English exams
- use cutting edge delivery methods
- regular written reports from tutors including entry placement test and needs analysis, individual learning plan and fortnightly tutorials
- have an end of module progress test
- have an average class size of 6 and a maximum size of 15
- the price displayed is for one week only. Studying for 2 or more weeks will give you an automatic discount
- if you are not already preparing for a Cambridge exam & intend to sit one, we recommend that you take at least 8 weeks of General English at the relevant level before sitting an exam
Minimum age: 16
Minimum level: A1
Maximum class size: 15
Class time: from 9am to 15:15pm
Hours per week: from 9
Course type: part-time, full-time, intensive
£155.00 – £3,420.00
Delivery Type: Group class
*Registration Fee of £80 will be added to the total (it includes Pre Course Placement Level Test, Needs Analysis, all course materials, end of course Certificate).
Courses up to 12 weeks can be booked online, for longer bookings please contact us.
9, 15, 20, 25
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.