English for the Workplace
In the modern world, developing professional skills is something that all learners must consider. With this in mind, ELA-Edinburgh has used its extensive experience of teaching Business and Professional English to develop our ‘English for the Work Place’ course. The syllabus can work as a standalone course or as support to our Work Experience programme.
As well as bespoke English courses to further explore any particular group’s interests focusing on extending their knowledge of the language in areas such as EAP, cultural studies, the arts and many more, for more mature high school students looking to gain experience in chosen industry, we offer Work Placement services.
Students on this course will develop the four skills: speaking, writing, reading and listening. However, there will be a focus on the productive skills of speaking and writing as these are most useful for the world of work.
Maximum class size: 15
To make our course as effective as possible we have identified key areas that students will practise to improve their professional skills. These include:
- Mock interviews with feedback from tutor and classmates
- CVs workshops to help you make the best first impression
- Help with personal statements to emphasise your qualities
- A focus on vocabulary required in the work place
- Practise writing work emails
- Sessions on telephone English
- Managing and participating in team meetings
Our courses are bespoke and designed to fit the length of your stay and particular language requirements.