Course Overview 0
Week 1 Unit 1 0
Week 1 Unit 2 0
Week 1 Unit 3 0
Week 1 Unit 4 0
Week 1 - Unit 5 0
Week 2 - Unit 1 0
Week 2 - unit 2 0
Week 2 - Unit 3 0
Week 2 - Unit 4 0
Week 3 - Unit 1 0
Week 3 - Unit 2 0
Week 3 - Unit 3 0
Week 3 - Unit 4 0
Week 3 - Unit 5 0
Week 4 - Unit 1 0
Week 4 - Practice Listening Test 0
Week 4 - Practice Reading Test 0
Week 4 - Practice Speaking Test 0
Week 4 - Practice Writing Test 0
Describing a Process
Write your own answer to the following task 1 question. When you have finished, check your answer using the checklist below:
Task 1 Checklist
- Have you paraphrased the rubric in your introduction or just copied it?
- Have you written a clear overview?
- Have you summarised the information and not just listed every piece of data?
- Have you included any information that is not in the data?
- Have you left any important data out?
- Have you just listed information or have you compared it?
- Have you divided your answer into clear paragraphs?
- Have you mentioned any striking features?
- Have you avoided repetition of words and structures?
- Have you used a range of grammar, vocabulary and complex structures?
- Have you used the correct tenses and verb form?
- Have you used appropriate linking devices such as adverbs and conjunctions?
- Have you checked your writing for mistakes?
- Have you completed the task according to the rubric?
- Have you written at least 150 words?
- Have you written too many words? You aren’t penalised for writing too much, but you may be penalised for not summarising. You don’t need to write more than about 185 words.
Source: MCCARTER, S. (2017). READY FOR IELTS. [S.l.]: MACMILLAN EDUCATION.