We are delighted to announce that we will be re-opening the school in June. We are now taking bookings for face-to-face classes starting on 21 June*. This happens to be the longest day of the year, and there’s nowhere better to be than Edinburgh when the sun doesn’t set until 10 in the evening. This gives you plenty of time to explore our wonderful city after your classes.
We are also continuing to offer all our classes online. This has proven to be a very popular way of learning, and might be the best option for you.
*Subject to any changes in government regulations.
Your safety is our priority
We want your experience with us to be as safe and stress-free as possible. We have the following measures in place to help keep you safe:
• Online enrolment
• Protective screens at reception
• Hand sanitiser stations
• Social distancing measures in classrooms and public areas
• Small groups
• Well ventilated classrooms
• Advice on how to access medical care
What’s the situation like in the UK?
Things are gradually getting back to normal in the UK. Non-essential travel is allowed, and shops, restaurants and bars are open, with safety measures in place. As of late May, 57% of the population have received their first vaccine, and 34% are fully vaccinated. The Scottish government is optimistic that life can return to near normal in late June.
Can I travel to the UK?
The rules vary according to which country you are travelling from. The government operates a ‘traffic light’ system, which is updated regularly. Please see the Scottish Government website to check if your country is listed as green, amber or red: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/pages/red-amber-and-green-list-countries/
Before you travel
If you are travelling from a country on the green list, you must:
• complete a passenger locator form
• take a COVID-19 test
• book and pay £88 for a COVID-19 test – you should take this test within 2 days of arriving in Scotland
If you are travelling from a country on the amber list, you must:
• complete a passenger locator form
• take a COVID-19 test before travelling
• book and pay £170 for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 travel tests – you must book your testing kit using the CTM Booking Portal – any other type of testing kit, such as free NHS kits or those sold by private businesses, cannot be used for these tests
• On arrival in Scotland you must: isolate at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days, and take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of your 10 day isolation
Before you travel to the UK, you should have insurance cover in case you need to cancel your trip.
What will happen if I have to cancel my trip, or if I have to self-isolate while I am in Scotland?
You have two options:
• You can transfer to an online course
• You can postpone your course to a later date
Advice for agents
We welcome enquiries from agents, and will be happy to design courses based on your clients’ needs. For the latest advice for agents, please see the English UK guidance here: https://www.englishuk.com/coronavirus/agents
Alternatively, study online
All our courses are available online, and thanks to our team of professionally qualified teachers they offer you exactly the same high-quality, personalised learning experience that you get in face-to-face classes. Our extensive experience of online teaching means that our levels of student satisfaction and exam success are just as high, online or face-to-face.
If you’re not sure if online classes are for you, why not try one of our free weekly online classes? These take place every Wednesday at 6 pm (UK time). Please contact email@example.com to book a place.
New courses for professionals
We are constantly developing new courses to meet changing global demand, and have some exciting new courses:
- OET for Pharmacy
- Online CertTESOL
- Teaching Medical English
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching Academic English
Looking forward to hearing from you
Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in these or any of our courses, or if you have any questions about travelling to the UK.
Hoping to see you soon!