What is Business English?
Of course many features are the same in Business English as in other classes. As always at ELA you will learn lots of vocabulary and practise plenty of grammar. However the vocabulary that we teach in business courses is particularly suited to the world of work. This language tends to be more formal than the vocabulary found in general or exam preparation course books. In any work situation the right language is vital to communicating with colleagues, Business English gives our students experience of what language is most appropriate for the office. As a result most of our students tell us that they feel much more confident after completing our business course.
Skills and Functions
The two main differences in Business English are the skills and tasks that we focus on. Our course equips our students with the language tools they need to progress and impress in their professional lives. Among the many tasks we practise are:
- Presentations- get the skills you need to stand up in front of colleagues and deliver a talk
- Emails- learn how to compose work emails quickly and logically
- Telephoning- this is a difficult skill for many learners but vital in business. Practise in the safety of our classroom!
- Interviewing- let's make sure you get your dream job
- Negotiating- get your message across in often stressful situations. We'll use dynamic case studies to give you experience
- Cultural Etiquette- we'll teach you the unwritten office rules of English speaking countries
We welcome students of all ages from all over the world throughout the year. All of our students benefit from regular testing and individual tutorials to focus on their progress. If you would like more information on our Business English course please get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org