What is the Trinity CertTESOL?
The CertTESOL is an entrance level qualification to Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). It is an intensive 4-week course that will prepare you to start a career as a TEFL teacher. You will be in the school from 9:00-18:00, Monday to Friday and have assignments to complete in the evenings and at weekends.
Why is it a useful qualification?
The CertTESOL is accredited by Ofqual and respected around the world. It is a Level 5 Ofqual qualification, the equivalent of second year on an undergraduate degree. Having the qualification will help you to get a job with a good school in the destination of your choice.
How do I qualify for the course?
All applicants must possess the entrance qualifications for university in their country and complete an application form and interview process. Additionally, non-native speakers must have a C1 qualification that was achieved within the last two years.
How do I prepare for the course?
If you are accepted onto the course you will be sent the pre-course task (PCT) which you should complete at least a week before the course starts. The PCT is designed to familiarise candidates with the grammar, phonology and methodology that they will meet on the course.
What is the course composed of?
- 6 hours of observed teaching practice - with two levels of students, including evaluation and feedback with a qualified trainer
- 4 hours of observation of experienced teachers
- Preparation of a profile of an individual learner, including planning and delivering a 1-1 lesson
- 4 lessons of an unknown language which help you reflect on the learner’s experience and raise awareness of teaching tactics
- Practice writing lesson plans with tutor support and feedback
- Input sessions on grammar, phonology, methodology and how to build them into your teaching
- Specialist sessions on teaching young learners, teaching 1-1 plus teaching Business English
How easy is it to find a job when the course ends?
TEFL is a huge industry and there is always a variety of opportunities for qualified teachers.
ELA-Edinburgh has partnerships with English First and MyES, a school with branches throughout Italy. Your tutors will give you advice on jobs and career in a session towards the end of the course.
Your Trinity CertTESOL qualification will be respected world-wide. In busy markets like China, Vietnam, Italy, Spain and Eastern Europe it will help you to find the best employer for you.
Why chose ELA-Edinburgh?
ELA-Edinburgh boasts a course director with more than 20 years’ experience in teacher-training and fully qualified tutors. Our modern facilities give you WiFi access throughout the building, access to our computers and printers as well as use of our interactive smartboard.
Above all though, you will benefit from the attention and support that our tutors provide. This extra care helps to explain our 100% pass rate.
After the course ends, you will have the opportunity to continue to develop your teaching skills with us and carry on teaching your students from the course.
Course Dates for 2018:
- 28th May - 22nd June 2018 - only 2 places available!
- 8th October - 2nd November 2018 - places available
Trinity CertTESOL. The fee is for the 4 week course + £80 Registration Fee
*Please note, you cannot book and pay online until you have gone through an interview process and have been accepted on the course by the course director.
All candidates pay an £80 registration fee which includes placement test, needs assessment, individual learning plan & end-of-course certificate.
English + TRINITY CertTESOL
- Any applicants with a lower level of English can study on an Intensive English + Cert TESOL course for 3 months or longer depending on entry level.
- This English plus course is designed to fast track students onto a Cert TESOL teacher training course. This course is for non-native speakers who either already teach English in their native countries or want to have an English language teaching career.
- This is an ideal opportunity for people looking for a practical language learning focus with the potential of a job at the end of their study time! We fast track students with close academic support improving their English level quickly and preparing them for the essential pre-course interview.
- Students who gain the sufficient English language level and pass the pre-course interview will then take the internationally recognised Cert TESOL course.
- You can study from between 3 months and 10 months prior to any Cert TESOL course. If you are not sure of your level and how long a pre-English study period is necessary, contact us and we will discuss your level and needs and get you on your new career path.
Our TRINITY CertTESOL and In service Training and Development programmes for EFL teachers, as well as courses for CLIL teachers wanting to develop English language skills may be eligible for Erasmus+ funding. Please check with your National Agency. Erasmus + Lifelong Learning grants are obtained through the organization you are currently working with (school, university, training institute, etc.). The Erasmus+ Programme Guide (http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/documents/erasmus-plus-programme-guide_en.pdf ) lists very clear criteria you need to meet in order to be granted funding.
TRAINING AND ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF AT THE CENTRE
Unknown Language (Polish) Teacher:
Our happy customers
I studied at ELA for a Trinity CertTESOL course in June 2017. ELA provided two very good classes that we could train with for our teaching practices. The teachers from the school (along with the ones they invited in) were super helpful and always available if we had a problem. Great location too. Can only recommend.
Everything was very good. You have to be proud of your school!