Whether it is Preliminary, First, Advanced, Proficiency or Business Certificates, preparing for a Cambridge English exam does not need to be an arduous task. At ELA-Edinburgh we will provide you with the training and support required to achieve your desired score.
At ELA-Edinburgh you will receive:
- A Structured Course: all of our Cambridge Exam courses are structured to give you opportunities to practise each of the question types you will meet in the exam and you the techniques you will need to succeed. Our syllabus is based on the most up-to-date preparation material and is fully supplemented with official Cambridge practise test papers. Our courses vary in length, depending on the length of your stay with us.
- Continuous Assessment: regular testing is vital in exam preparation and every fortnight you will be tested using official Cambridge Exam Past Papers to measure your progress. We have qualified speaking examiners and supervisors on staff who can add to the exam experience.
- Fortnightly Tutorials: continuous assessment is not only vital, but a chance for your tutor to review your progress. Every two weeks you will receive a 1 to 1 tutorial with your tutor where you can discuss your development.
- Reading and Listening Preparation: improve your receptive reading and listening skills through completing exam tasks and other development tasks. Your tutors will highlight the sub-skills involved in each task and show you the tactics that can save you valuable points.
- Development of productive skills: your speaking development will not be restricted to completing exam tasks, you will also partake in activities to develop your fluency. Our highly trained staff will provide you with in-depth feedback on your writing assignments which will include of all of the possible question types.
The exam preparation courses available:
- FCE - First Certificate
- CAE - Advanced
- CPE - Proficiency
- BEC - Business English Certificates - Preliminary, Vantage and Higher
The recommended length of the course is 8 weeks. However, you can choose a different course duration.
The fee for the 8-week course is £2500.
Cambridge English Exam Preparation course details:
Start date: Any Monday
Course duration: 4-12 weeks
Intensive 25 hour a week course from £291 per week
Part-time 10 hour a week course at £180 per week
(exam techniques and skills lessons only)
There are still places available. Book now!
Our happy customers
I was a student at ELA for almost one semester. And I sincerely want to thank everyone, mainly the teachers, who are fully qualified. My aim was to attend an English course for IELTS exam preparation in order to apply for a masters in Business School. Thanks to their flexibility I was well prepared for the exam and I passed it with required marks. ELA is a family school where everyone can feel comfortable to learn English, being in a good company at the same time. It was a pleasure to work with you. Hope to see you all again soon. Guillaume
Guillaume Cavallari, Monaco
What to say, you guys are just brilliant, hard to top. Throughout my
course, I had the privilege to be taught by several different teachers, and
every single one of them I found to be extremely knowledgeable and well
prepared with a good sense of humour on the side, all of which was greatly
appreciated. Not only have I enjoyed their always resourceful lessons, but they
also gave me an awful lot from the human perspective. It will be hard to ever
forget Steve's plentiful history "lessons" and interesting insights
on just about every topic there is, all the controversial debates on burning
political issues I enjoyed partaking, and all the weirdly enlightening
conversations on sushi, fermentation and roses with Douglas - thanks guys for the
giggles! Thanks to Anthony and Duncan for their dedication and uniqueness as
well, and to all the staff for their effort, it was just wonderful meeting you
all. On a separate note, I firmly believe learning should be fun and enjoyable
before anything else and you sure know how to walk that tight rope! ;-)
"And finally all of my efforts have come to an end. Today is the beginning of a new way of thinking and experiencing life, focusing my mind on my future. I've passed my final exams with the mark I needed to enter university in Scotland. Finally, I've won my challenge, and I would like to thank all of my teachers who supported me in ELA, especially I'd like to thank my teacher and personal supervisor Oana Morgan, I finally made it! And now hold on, my future life in Scotland is waiting for me [High Hopes!]"