Whether it is Preliminary, First, Advanced, Proficiency or Business Certificates, preparing for a Cambridge English exam does not need to be an arduous task. At ELA-Edinburgh we will provide you with the training and support required to achieve your desired score.
At ELA-Edinburgh you will receive:
- A Structured Course: all of our Cambridge Exam courses are structured to give you opportunities to practise each of the question types you will meet in the exam and you the techniques you will need to succeed. Our syllabus is based on the most up-to-date preparation material and is fully supplemented with official Cambridge practise test papers. Our courses vary in length, depending on the length of your stay with us.
- Continuous Assessment: regular testing is vital in exam preparation and every fortnight you will be tested using official Cambridge Exam Past Papers to measure your progress. We have qualified speaking examiners and supervisors on staff who can add to the exam experience.
- Fortnightly Tutorials: continuous assessment is not only vital, but a chance for your tutor to review your progress. Every two weeks you will receive a 1 to 1 tutorial with your tutor where you can discuss your development.
- Reading and Listening Preparation: improve your receptive reading and listening skills through completing exam tasks and other development tasks. Your tutors will highlight the sub-skills involved in each task and show you the tactics that can save you valuable points.
- Development of productive skills: your speaking development will not be restricted to completing exam tasks, you will also partake in activities to develop your fluency. Our highly trained staff will provide you with in-depth feedback on your writing assignments which will include of all of the possible question types.
The exam preparation courses available:
- FCE - First Certificate
- CAE - Advanced
- CPE - Proficiency
- BEC - Business English Certificates - Preliminary, Vantage and Higher
The recommended length of the course is 8 weeks. However, you can choose a different course duration.
The fee for the 8-week course is £2500.
Cambridge English Exam Preparation course details:
Start date: Any Monday
Course duration: 4-12 weeks
Intensive 25 hour a week course from £291 per week
Part-time 10 hour a week course at £180 per week
(exam techniques and skills lessons only)
There are still places available. Book now!
Our happy customers
"And finally all of my efforts have come to an end. Today is the beginning of a new way of thinking and experiencing life, focusing my mind on my future. I've passed my final exams with the mark I needed to enter university in Scotland. Finally, I've won my challenge, and I would like to thank all of my teachers who supported me in ELA, especially I'd like to thank my teacher and personal supervisor Oana Morgan, I finally made it! And now hold on, my future life in Scotland is waiting for me [High Hopes!]"