Our courses teach and practise new language in imaginative student centred lessons, where, structured classes focus on greater fluency and accuracy in English grammar, vocabulary and colloquial English. In our enjoyable multi-national school, students quickly develop practical communication skills which they can further practise in the wider English speaking environment.
Every classroom is outfitted with computers, and teachers achieve lesson aims through a wide range of resources and activities. These include field trips to Edinburgh’s many historical and cultural sites. We are an authorised Cambridge assessment centre and students can progress to take external qualifications such as the Cambridge ESOL suite or IELTS exams.
All courses are taught by highly qualified teachers and:
- have beginner, elementary*, pre-Intermediate, intermediate, upper-intermediate & advanced levels*
(*when numbers allow);
- are course book based;
- from B1 level contain relevant content & guidance for preparation for Cambridge exams;
- contain an online self-study component;
- use cutting edge delivery methods;
- have a weekly end of module progress test (Cambridge ESOL style exam);
- have an average class size of 12 and a maximum size of 16;
- the price displayed is for one week only. Studying for 2 or more weeks will give you an automatic discount.
- if you are not already preparing for a Cambridge exam & intend to sit one, we recommend that you take at least 8 weeks of General English at the relevant level before sitting an exam.
Minimum age: 16
Minimum level: A1
Maximum class size: 15
Class time: 9am - 12:30pm
Hours per week: from 15
Course type: full-time
Our happy customers
I really liked ELA. The teachers are amazing, they are always there if you need them.
I think this school helped me to learn English. I have made good progress
I think the school is very good as I feel I improved my English in a short period of time.