- English for the Banking; Financial Sector
- Finance for non-Financial Managers – in English
- English for the Energy Sector
- Engineering English
- Aviation English for Pilots & Air Traffic Controllers
- English for Tourism and Heritage Managers
- General Business English
- Scientific English for Medical and Pharmaceutical Professionals
- Medical and Colloquial English for Nurses
- Military and Peacekeeping English
These intensive courses will equip participants with sector specific language tools, resulting in a workforce more confident and effective in their English language communications with customers and partner organisations.
Courses can be tailor-made, on a one-to-one basis or for groups from the same company. Or, participants can choose to join a mixed group course – these run throughout the year.
– a training and business language assessment in the workplace is available.
ELA Business’ comprehensive package includes individual language assessments and ‘needs analysis’ to identify the nature of contexts in which English is used, as well as the technical language required. This forms the foundation of class programming.
Outcomes are established with priority being given to gaining ability and confidence in communicating in English.
After the course, participants are tested for ability and comprehension of new vocabulary and language structure and, where appropriate, their new language level. A report, with personal plan for continued study, is given to every participant.
Our teachers are well trained and experienced in working with participants from a variety of workplace environments and there is a resource bank of materials relevant to individual industries, as well as newspapers and journals. Methodology includes language construction, listening skills, writing skills and communication skills. Presentation skills (using video-recording) and report writing skills can be included. Classes are interactive, using role-play, multi-media and “live” situations.
Whilst in Scotland, ELA can make your trip more interesting and relevant by arranging relevant meetings with Scottish government, local authorities and other companies or organisations.
Staying in Edinburgh
A range of executive accommodation options include Homestay, staying with specially-selected families who provide en-suite bedrooms and breakfast/dinner. Two bed apartments, sleeping 2, 3 or 4 participants can be arranged on request and we can also arrange hotel accommodation.
Accompanying family members can also take classes, including those for conversation or leisure – and we also have a range of classes for children.
Edinburgh is a heritage city and city of culture. The capital of Scotland, it is second after London as a financial and business centre and has a dynamic approach to its relationships with other countries around the world.
Edinburgh is also a city of Festivals. The Edinburgh International Festival (in August) is world renowned and the city is a buzz of artistic events and merriment. The Winter Festivals bring the best of Scotland to Christmas and hosts the biggest Hogmanay (New Year) Party in the world. There are festivals and events all year round, including the arrival of the snowdrops and the bluebells, which carpet the early spring woods, the Royal Highland Show and Highland Games
Edinburgh is family-friendly and has something to offer for all age groups and interests. Scotland is one of the best places to visit for outdoor activities, including extreme sports. ELA Business can provide a programme of cultural, social and outdoor activities, as well as traditional sports. We can organise almost anything you want, including:
- Visits to historic or heritage sites including castles, whisky distillery or craft brewer;
- Trips - local or further afield, e.g. day tours to beauty spots;
- Ceilidhs, theatre, concerts and pubs with music;
- Arts: gallery visits; drawing; sketching; theatre;
- Sports and outdoor activities: archery, mountain biking, golf, bird of prey handling, fishing, canoeing, sailing, gliding, swimming, tennis, adventure park for adults.
Our happy customers
The lessons were great! I have learnt a lot!